Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9360 Curve
My Carrier: O2

Re: my Blackberry 8520 wont let me have an email

OK, a little further away, a little closer? I don't really know!

O2 have told me they have no control over the passwords on bis.eu... which kind of makes sense. I'm going to contact BB support and see if they can help out.

Solutions: 6,420
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

O2 is supposed to escalate stuff like this for you, to BlackBerry.

You can't contact them for tech support directly.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

That's good to know, but it's frustrating to comment that I have spoken to 4 different people at O2 today and none of them seemed aware of how to rectify things or that they should be speaking to BB for me. And now their offices are closed.

It's also a little frustrating that BB only allow communication via Twitter, or am I missing something? I tweeted to them 2 hours ago and have heard nothing, yet I have had good response on here. Why replace one communication method that allowed one to fully explain one's situation (email) with one that restricts communication (Twitter) unless you're going to respond to it immediately?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

You have received correct information here. There is nothing BlackBerry can do, nor can we here, when the carriers fall short. They are SUPPOSED to escalate your problems to BlackBerry if they can't resolve an issue. They MOST CERTAINLY do have access to reset a BIS password, if need be. The CSR's mistakenly send people here thinking this is a method of direct support from BlackBerry. It's not.

All of us here are just fans of BlackBerry devices and like helping others. We are not BlackBerry employees.

Calling the answers you have received here "half answers" in your other thread is insulting to those (well, JSanders specifically) that have tried their best to solve a problem that is really your wireless service provider's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I will repeat myself, without any wish to insult anyone. I am frustrated because of inaction by BlackBerry and a lack of knowledge at O2.

I called the help I've recieved here half answers because they did not enable me to solve the problem. And I repeat my point, how can O2 have dominion over a URL that is in BlackBerry's name? That is where I am falling down, the log in page https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html Note to JSanders, the "?brand=o2mailuk" portion of the URL drops off when one fails to log in and is returned to the front page. The O2 masthead does not disappear.

When dealing with helpdesks without full information one can only accept what one is being told. It is my lack of knowledge that drove me here in the first place.

So, if I have insulted anyone I apologise, that was not my intention. I wanted to vent my frustration and I was aiming my ire at the corporations. But I stand by my comments of poor customer service by BB. And O2.

Back to the original problem, I am on hold yet again, waiting to speak to someone that has knowledge of BB.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If you're on with O2 you may need to insist that if they can't solve the problem that your case be escalated to BlackBerry....that is how it works. if O2 doesn't do that how can you blame BlackBerry? Blame poor customer service at O2.

We here have NO control over the BIS system. We are just BlackBerry users like yourself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

If O2 refuses to give the password, they can always reset the password and tell you THAT password. Allowing you to login and then change the password yourself.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I spent over 4 hours on the phone with O2 on Saturday and they finally resolved the issue and my blackberry is now linked through BIS.

I will further explain why I believe BB gave poor customer service: the Twitter account requests consumers to follow and then contact them in order to receive a DM reply. To date I have received no reply through that medium. Given that Twitter is all about instant communication there is only one conclusion to draw: BB have poor customer service levels. If BB don't want to respond immediately they should offer a different medium and people would have different expectations on what is a timely response.

I listen to your comments about not being employees of BB. What you say may be true. But I am sceptical. You may have enough enthusiasm and spare time to post 15K times a year, who am I to judge? But, I think it is much more liklely that you work for BB and it is a decision of higher management to operate with smoke and mirrors for whatever reason. Frankly, I don't care. I have made my judgement on BB. FWIW this judgement is not reflected on people here.

And if you don't work for BB then they are missing a trick: they should sign you up and offer a reasonable level of customer service. I know the company lost $Billions last year but surely it makes economic sense to keep existing customers happy in a marketplace where people replace their handset every 1-2 years?

Guru II

[ Edited ]

I am definitely NOT a BlackBerry employee. I am a corporate pilot and JSanders runs his own business. The posts you see are not per year but are total since registering.

You are upset because the Twitter account people didn't tell you you needed O2 to set up your data plan properly? Any idea how many people have data plan issues? OK. Fine. Be upset. However, there is a support path in place and the people with poor customer service are O2, not necessarily BlackBerry.

Glad to hear it's fixed and you are working. Good luck. Please mark the post that was the solution so the next person searching with a similar problem is helped quickly.

Highlighted

fatherdamo wrote:
I listen to your comments about not being employees of BB. What you say may be true. But I am sceptical. You may have enough enthusiasm and spare time to post 15K times a year, who am I to judge? But, I think it is much more liklely that you work for BB and it is a decision of higher management to operate with smoke and mirrors for whatever reason. Frankly, I don't care. I have made my judgement on BB. FWIW this judgement is not reflected on people here.

So you think we're lying to you. And you say "Frankly, I don't care".

I think you really do care, or you wouldn't take the time time show your lack of character by calling out two complete strangers to you as liars. If you didn't care, you wouldn't take the time to respond with all that garbage.

I'm glad O2 was able to resolve your BIS issues. I knew they could.

Knowledge Base Updates