Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

my backups dont get saved and my blackberry deletes my messages every other day, for NO reason!!

Hi, my blackberry protect is currently set up to do daily backups as i have an issue with my phone... however, i only have access to the last 4 backups everytime. I checked the website to see if they are accesible here, but they aren't either, which means that effectively all my data is getting lost sooner or later.

The problem is that, for some reason my Blackberry keeps deleting all my text messages and emails every other day. IT's nothing to do with the settings, as i've checked and taken it to the insurance company and had it all tested. I even received a new phone, but this keeps doing just the same. no one understands why. Blackberry protect is the only tool allowing me to get back my messages, however having the backups dissappear every 4 days, doesnt help...

This situation is just a joke and very desperating. Any idea why either or both issues are happening, would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: my backups dont get saved and my blackberry deletes my messages every other day, for NO reason!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First off...

laramuela wrote:

Blackberry protect is the only tool allowing me to get back my messages

That is not quite accurate...see this:

Further, see this KB to learn that 4 backups retained by Protect is WAD -- Working As Designed:

• KB25062 How to use BlackBerry Protect to back up data on a BlackBerry smartphone

Further still, see these for possible reasons "why" messages are being deleted on your device:

• KB02843What is the Low Memory Manager feature on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB14320How to maximize free space and battery power on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB14213Call logs, SMS text messages, and email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................