Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: virgin

my bbm and internet works, but i cant call anyone or text anyone and can't receive them.

i've been intouch with my network provider (virgin) and im getting a new sim out soon. But i tried the sim in my old blackberry and it worked fine so i know its the phone. I've tried wiping it, restarting it, i even tried all kinds when i rang virgin. i tried ringing #06# to make sure it isnt stolen,lost or broken but it just said 'supplementary service error: general error' but i did buy the phone in a carboot so i doubt they would sell anything that has been lost, stolen or broken well i hope not and it was literally brand new in the box. My bbm and internet works fine but when i try phoning anyone it says 'call failed' and if i try text anyone it says 'retries exceeded' and it wont let anyone phone or text me. has anyone any suggestions? 

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: my bbm and internet works, but i cant call anyone or text anyone and can't receive them.

Hello milly-xo,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

if you are able to use the data services on your BlackBerry® smartphone, but are experiencing issues with the voice features and SMS messaging, we suggest that you contact your wireless service provider for further assistance.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!