Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: virgin

my bbm and internet works, but i cant call anyone or text anyone and can't receive them.

i've been intouch with my network provider (virgin) and im getting a new sim out soon. But i tried the sim in my old blackberry and it worked fine so i know its the phone. I've tried wiping it, restarting it, i even tried all kinds when i rang virgin. i tried ringing #06# to make sure it isnt stolen,lost or broken but it just said 'supplementary service error: general error' but i did buy the phone in a carboot so i doubt they would sell anything that has been lost, stolen or broken well i hope not and it was literally brand new in the box. My bbm and internet works fine but when i try phoning anyone it says 'call failed' and if i try text anyone it says 'retries exceeded' and it wont let anyone phone or text me. has anyone any suggestions? 

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: my bbm and internet works, but i cant call anyone or text anyone and can't receive them.

Hello milly-xo,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

if you are able to use the data services on your BlackBerry® smartphone, but are experiencing issues with the voice features and SMS messaging, we suggest that you contact your wireless service provider for further assistance.

Thank you.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!