Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

my blackberry 9000 - problem with my trackball

does anyone know how to solve the problem i have with my trackball pls? my trackball can not move downwards . Only up, left, and right.... Any suggestions???

New Contributor

Re: my blackberry 9000 - problem with my trackball

It's probably just for the time being. This happened to me once, and I just tried scrolling and it worked again.

It's possible you have a speck of dirt/hair/food/gunk that fell into the trackball socket when you clicked it at some point. I've had this a few times and the only way I've gotten it to break the "sticky" free was to press the trackball in for it's button function, and while pressing the ball in, try to roll the ball in the direction it's failing. This exerts more pressure on whatever is causing the blockage, and it usually breaks it free.

Hope that helps some.

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

ChristopherM - Thank you for the suggestion. It worked perfectly.

My Device: bold9000
My Carrier: blackberry

me  too have  same  probleam   . can any one help me  and  tell me  what is  email for blackberry for i can send  for this  probleam  

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9000

Blackberry won't help unless you pay them...i am so aggravated by my problem right now...my phone is blowing up with texts and emails that I can't clean out or respond to because the ball will not move down...phone is out of warranty and is only 14 months old...very frustrating

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Had that a lot with the Curve.  Sometimes just repeated attempts to roll it again.  Used canned air and that worked too.  My bold did that the other day and I just kept at it until it finally worked again.

Visitor
My Device: BB Bold 9000

Tonight, my trackball wouldn't scroll down, but scrolled in other directions.  I did what someone mentioned in this thread:  Push in the trackpall and keep it pressed and scroll in the direction you are having trouble with.  I did this and it worked.  It's just lint, fuzz or whatever got in there.  Another trick to try is to put a piece of paper on a flat surface and put the blackberry face down on the paper and put a little pressure on it and roll it around.  By doing this, the trackball would be touching the paper and whatever is stuck in there will break loose, fall out and work.  If I find other ideas, I'll pass it along.  Good luck! 

P.S.  One thing I would like to advise though...don't attempt to take your blackberry apart.  Especially if you are still under warranty and/or don't know for sure what you are doing.  Just saying. Smiley Very Happy

Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Thanks dude! Almost lost it. Cuz I had a lot of work to do on my phone and a long ride to do it on.
Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Thank You for the Post. I was watching videos & panicking over not being able to move my trackball, sweat dripping, withdrawal setting in. etc.. then I saw this post & closed up the Berry & just did what you did, Voila, it WORKS in EVERY Direction. Thank You again