Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: at&t

my blackberry cannot scan to a wi-fi network

hello. my blackberry 8520 cannot scan on a wifi network. what should i do?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: my blackberry cannot scan to a wi-fi network

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

What exactly do you attempt? What exactly happens when you attempt? Please be explicit...remember, we can't see your device and have only your words to help us understand your situation.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

hmm. sorry for that. well my phone cannot scan when i scan for networks there are no networks found. what is the solution for this? i can't net with my phone.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I'm sorry, but I can't resolve a conflict in your words there. You say your device "cannot scan" but then you say it shows "no networks found"? Those seem to me to be conflicting...can you clarify please?

Also, have you tried this in multiple places? Maybe the network you are attempting to connect to has a hidden SSID? Can other devices see that same network but the BB is the only one that cannot?

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

im very sorry sir/mam. yes i have tried in multiple places but i cannot scan a network. yes what is SSID? its in the options?

Hall of Famer III

SSID is the identification of the network that is broadcast by the network so that devices can see it. SSID can be hidden or broadcast, but that is a setting controlled by the network device, not by the BB. If the SSID is hidden, then you won't see it on the BB and must know all of the details so as to configure the BB for that hidden network.

You failed to answer as to if other devices can see networks in these various locations. If other devices can see and connect to networks in these locations yet your BB cannot, then there may well be something seriously wrong with your BB.

Is this new behavior? Has it ever worked fine before? If so, what happened between when it worked fine and when it stopped working?