Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 3 UK

my bold 9900 freezes every-so-often Why?

I'm a new user, of the BlackBerry Bold 9900! Before I'd the Bold 9700, so when I started using the Bold 9900, I thought, the phone wouldn't have the same amount of problems, that I'd with the Bold 9700. But lately, I've noticed, the touch screen, is freezing, more and more! So I'm having to do a restart (by taking the battery, sim card, and micro-sdhc card!
It works for so long, then when I could be on my social feeds, then the Bold 9900 re-freezes! Is this an issue, between the 7.1 software, and the latest Facebook update!
Please advise, if there's a patch available, for resolving this problem!
I know it's a new phone, & software! But it's very frustrating, when you've to do a full reset, and loose a certain amount of battery power!
I look forward, to hearing from someone, with a possible solution!
Martin Collins
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: my bold 9900 freezes every-so-often Why?

Can you let us know what OS version you're on right now? To get this info, go to Options > Device > About Device Versions. It's the number listed after the v (e.g. 7.1.0.267). Some OS versions have been better than others. But be aware that you will need to do occasional battery pulls regardless, just to keep everything running smoothly. I typically do a battery pull every 3 or so days, while a friend of mine can go weeks on his 9900 without a battery pull because he doesn't use his phone for too much beyond phone calls and messaging.

Also, be aware that some apps can have a negative impact on device memory, so I'd suggest looking at the apps you have installed to see if one of them could be the culprit.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!