Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: orange

my curve 8900 screen keep going white

in need of some help my curve screen keeps going white after turning it on sum time it come on ok for about 10mins then it locksup and go white again will try any thing to sort it

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: my curve 8900 screen keep going white

curtismartin50,

We from what you have described there seems to be an issue with the software on the phone or the phone itself. You can try to address the software by following these steps below:

1) Have you performed a hard reset, by pulling the battery out and waiting 2-3 minutes before rebooting when you place the battery back in?

2) You may want to try upgrading the device software by downloading BlackBerry Device Software fro blackberry.com

3) Have you performed a full "Wipe" on your BlackBerry Smartphone, you can do this by going to "Options" > "Security Options" > "General Settings" and press your Menu Key to choose "Wipe Handheld"

Note that this will delete all data on your device and restore the unit back to factory defualts!

Hope this helps

Office2Mobile
Poor Service and the Worst Support provided by VarDynamics http://vardynamics.com/
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: orange

is there a way of doing a hard wipe wive out geting in the memu

Visitor
My Device: black berry curve 8900
My Carrier: t mobile

Quick question, I have the same problem with my curve 8900, and my question is how am I able to do the wipe refresh if my screen is white and I can't see anything?

Thanks in advance

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi there, Ok so, this exact same thing happened to me while I was on vacation AND in the middle of sending a text message just 3 days ago.   So I went to the t-mobile store and was advised to call customer care and tell them that I want a 'warranty exchange'.

Your phone is under warranty for one year so if you bought your phone under a year ago you're in good shape.  But if not, then you should see if you're eligible for an upgrade and just replace it. 

So, I called customer care today and told them about the white screen that has invaded my phone and told them I want to do a warranty exchange.  They were going to ship me a new curve 8900 free of charge.  Then the customer rep. told me that I'd be able to get an upgrade....so I chose the upgrade.  Don't want another curve after this happened.  Hope this helps.

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

my phone keeps doing the same thing. Right now ive just put my phone in a hot place without the battery and sim card inside i'm gonna keep it there for a few days and see what happens, i will see if this stops my screen from going white