Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

my curve keeps freezing

hi there - any advice out there?

my curve will just switch off and freeze now and again when i'm listening to music - it's not any particular track.

the only way to get the curve working again is to take the battery out for a few seconds.

there isnt anything on tech support about this so i thought i'd try the forum.

ta

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: my curve keeps freezing

Welcome! Your device may be low on memory. Please click on options and then on status and please post the file free and file total numbers. Then we will go from there. Thanks.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!

Mine is doing the same thing! I am on my second Curve is 3 weeks. It locks up on the mainscreen with the hourglass and the bi-directional arrows in the top rt hand corner.

I have taken the battery out and it will be okay for a few minutes then we are back to square one! I downloaded some ringtones from Crackberry.com but other than that nothing has been done.

I also work for a County whose server doesn't exactly play nice with these applications. It was working however for a couple of weeks......

I'm at a total loss and my rep is ready to choke me I think! Smiley Happy

Well mine has the hour glass showing that its working for very long periods and the only way to get around it is to take out the battery and reboot. My remaining memory is 1879258 Bytes. Help!!!

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Orange

I have the exact same problem! I don't particularly have loads of apps, could it be my messages? I don't want to delete anything! Smiley Sad

My remaining memory is 89745638 Bytes.. Help would be lovely pleaseee

Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 8530 verizon wireless

memory has a direct effect on the performance of a phone. The lower your available memory the slower device will perform. Try deleting messages you don't need or transferring media to your sd card or storing on your computer. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>~

Hope I was able to help

If you have received information that has helped you out, please give them Kudos.

If your problem has been solved, please click on the post that resolved the issue

My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: orange

my blackberry 9360 keeps freezing,lets me use it for five mintues then freezes and reboots itself,deleted loads to free memory and its still playing up,done battery pulls and everything,only had it two weeks,help!! xx

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: 02

mine does the same

my phone is workiing fine and then i play my music and then after about 30 seconds in it freezes and the only way to get it to work again is by taking the battery for a few seconds and then put it back in again and it isnt only for my music it is when it makes any noise so i can't have my phone on normal or loud it has to be on vibrate or silent. I really like listening to my music on my phone so please help! thanks 

its free memory: 82934919 bytes

please help thank you !

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: hutch

my curve keeps doing the same.... did u recieve any solution ??