Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

my phone is broke and it wont charge or switch on or anything its dead but i need to wipe it

how can i wipe my phone is there any possible way before i sell it as broken ????? if someone could help me thanks

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: my phone is broke and it wont charge or switch on or anything its dead but i need to wipe it

See if you can connect it to BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Sometimes that will revive it.

So plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  If it isn't getting recognized by the software, have a look at this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Re: my phone is broke and it wont charge or switch on or anything its dead but i need to wipe it

i tried the first and it did not work.....the phone does not recognize or even make no signals to my laptop or pc.

i will try this second way to see if it does it if not im stuck it all started off with what i thought my battery was on its way but it turns out it seems like its the actual charge bit so i think as it does not charge or anything at all one min it said full battery next it was gone ......so i took the battery out and put it so it did the update and it crashed half way through so now it seems like it does not want to do anything

anyway ill give the second one a shot

nope the second one also did not work the device still is not getting any sort of power or recognition thanks once again