11-19-2012 12:47 PM
my phone wont turn on after the great deal of pressure applied for a very short time. after my friend pulled me of my chair i had my phone in my pocket applying all of my body weight on top of it, however i dont think it was too much preesure where the phone would just instantly break. after sitting back up and not realising i felt a surging heat from my pocket where my phone was! i pulled it out and noticed that there was a bright white light on the middle button. i sooned turned it off and checked my battery. everything looked fine, but when i placed it back in it would turn on? so i dont know what is. do i need a new battery or is abliterated and am in need of getting a new phone!?!
please help ! XD
11-19-2012 01:15 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Given what you describe, it's possible that you've damaged it...but only a qualified technician with the device in their hands can actually give you a firm diagnosis.
If you want, there are a couple of things you can try...
Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):
This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.
It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:
The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.
Good luck and let us know!
11-20-2012 09:58 AM
NOPE didnt work sadly, however i could get a friend to lnd me a battery and try that. in the mean time ill stick to my old phone until i get a firm diagnostic.
THANKS FOR THE HELP XD
11-20-2012 10:29 AM
11-20-2012 11:16 AM
ohh sorry typo. I ment that i have tried what you have said and unfortunatly the phone will still not turn on.
what i could do to see if it is the battery that is not working is find a friend with the same phone and test their battery in mine.
11-20-2012 11:24 AM