07-08-2011 08:33 PM
At times i can be using my BB and doesn't matter what i'm doing it freezes up. Sometimes it will reboot and other times i have to do a hard reboot.
Also when i'm not using it the screen will lose my wallpaper and go to a white screen.
07-09-2011 12:37 AM
For you convinience please follow as directed to over come your problem
Rebooting and Screen goes white, Frezzing, and Wallpaper goes out these are the simtomps that you must resinatll or upgrade the OS to do that please follow these steps
1. Download The OS and BBDM (BB Desktop Mananger) from the BB website.
2. Install both softwares on your PC.
3. COnnect your device using Cable or bluetooth but cable is recommended.
4. Run the software and Take back of your device by going Device -> Backup for version 6.1, for 5.1 Just click on Backrestore button. Now goto Device -> OS upgrade in version 6.1 if you have version BBDM 5.1 then click Appliaion loader.
5. Wait for a while and follow the on screen steps.
6. Now reboot your BB and restore your backup
That will cover your reboot and freezing problem. Need any other help then please post
Thanks and regards
IT Support Engineer
Ovex Technologies Pakistan
07-09-2011 01:01 AM
If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a white or black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code