Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Telcel

Re: my twitter app is not working on my blackberry torch

There are lot of peolpe getting the same mistake, I agree when he says it might be the app.

My Device: torch ATandT 9800
My Carrier: airtel

Am having same problem, first it started with my twitter DM i can't access it then i deleted the twitter app to re-download since then have been seeing the error message even after downloading twitter icon won't show, i downloaded wechat and no issue on that only the twitter app giving me problem please a solution
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bmobile

I have a blackberry bold 9700. I have been using twitter for over a year and updating the app when necessary.

However, a few months ago, when I updated to Twitter 4.1, I got an error and have not been able to use it since.

The app does not open. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling from scratch and that did not work either.

My phone works well otherwise with or without the app.

I am also of the opinion that this is an issue with the app and not with the phone.

Right now I am installing version 4.2.8 and hoping for the best.

I will let you know how that turns out.

regards,

Visitor
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm having the same issue - I have a bold 9700, os5. My software crashed a few days ago so I had it fixed - the guy reloaded the os and the phone was wiped clean. I installed v4.2.0.8 of twitter, and it hasn't worked at all. When I click to open it, it just doesn't open. The scrollpad won't move and the back button doesn't do anything. If I press the end key, I get back to the home screen and everything is functional again, except twitter. It just does the same thing over and over again.

I've tried reinstalling the os and downgrading twitter to the last version that worked (v4.1.0.15). The old version is giving me java.lang.noclassdeffounderror.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

New Contributor

My attaempt to download v4.2.0.8 also didnt work and I am getting the same no response that you are.

New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

I have downgraded back to 4.0.0.15 and it has been working just fine ever since. I don't think I'll upgrade ever again. I don't want to go through this mess again. I received no help from anyone and had to deal with it myself. It may not have the best gadgets and stuff the newest Twitter has but it IS actually working so I'm happy with it. I suggest you guys try downloading this version too.

New Contributor

Can come one assist me with downlaoding the older version? I can't seem to do it....or maybe I am just so fed up ,y mind is blanking on me.......

Help please!

My Device: blackberry 9800
My Carrier: At & t

Can someone drop the link to download the twitter downgrade 4.0.0.15?....I'm not getting it here.