Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: necesito ayuda esto es muy serio... i need help this is serious my BB is not working

Unplug the device from the computer.

On the device:

go to Options

Click on Security Options.

Click on Security wipe.

Type BlackBerry when asked.

That will wipe the device of its data.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Digicel

Re: necesito ayuda esto es muy serio... i need help this is serious my BB is not working

i already wipe the BB drive and it works i'm able to make phone calls, do i restore with teh backup or do i have to start all over again and install everything

Contributor

my phone is working again after i wipe the drive, now do i have to install the backup or not??

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Great, so its apparent the problem is in your data. Its possible your address book is corrupted. Here is what I would do:

Plug in the device and try a full restore using the backup file you created. If the problem returns we may wipe again and restore just a few selective databases.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

ok i will, what do you mean by restore just a few selective databases?

Guru II

When you go through the restore process you can choose a full restore that restores everything or a "selective" restore and restore just the databases you want, for example. Calendar, sms messages, contacts, etc.

Contributor

ok, and all this restore process without the micro sd it's the same right??

Guru II

The microsd just contains pictures and other media. It doesn't contain your device data. You can put the microsd back in at any time. Just pay attention to see if inserting it causes any problems. We're looking to prevent the original issue.

Contributor

i already restore my data and it works when i instaled the microsd there was not a problem, it seems that everything is working without a problem now, do i have to restart the BB or it's everything done???

Guru II

If you've restored everything, inserted your media card, and all is working fine then you should be done! Often the wipe and restore process itself solves many problems. I was concerned that when the restore was done that the problem would return but that appears to not be the case.

Now go enjoy your BB again!

John