Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Tour 9630 / Sprint
Accepted Solution

need a multi alarm app with full bb support !!

please help with some suggestions. my needs are: multi alarm, would be nice if full bb support was built in, i.e. phone turn on to notify you, and full profile support so that when i have on vibe or quiet, the alarm does whatever ive got profile set to do. mind you ive already looked at all that are on app world.

also would like an app that makes vibe AND ring at same time that is intergrated into profiles also which just adds the option in the drop-down menu of sound profiles also.....just dont wanna get too many things running in background.....

anything out there for me ?

Smiley Sad

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote! - - Benjamin Franklin
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: need a multi alarm app with full bb support !!

As amazing as it seems there is nothing like that for your blackberry.  What's worse is the best alarm program, "myalarm" which was free on top of that, no longer works with the newer OS upgrades.  You have to use the beep sound and the tone is very low.  I loved MyAlarm until I upgraded on my 8310 and it wouldn't work.  There are a couple now.  I've found the following two.  One is $15 and the other is $6

bbsmart Alarm Pro - $15 - Fancier than the others for sure and still less than one out there that is $30 which looks like it does less.

http://www.blackberrysmart.com/alarmspro.php

The other is Adorno Multi Alarm Pro- Very basic in look but the thing is only $6, keeps up to 6 alarms, can pick days of the week, etc.  Pretty well rounded.  It is basically like MyAlarm for $6 but I haven't found that you can pick your own tune in the demo version I downloaded. 

http://adornoapp.com/descript.php?id=7

There is another $30 one out there but I don't think twice about spending that kind of cash on an alarm for a cell phone. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Tour 9630 / Sprint

thanks for the reply. using multialarmpro 2.0 right now. forgot how much i paid , dont think it was much but the only prob is the alert doesnt change based on the sound profile i have set up. other than that almost perfectly hapy with. ill check the ones you suggested, thanks
Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote! - - Benjamin Franklin
Contributor

After all of that I went back and set my firewall to ON and MyAlarm worked after accepting it one time.  I'm happy with it since it is free even though the interface is pretty clunky.  I mean, let's be for real.  The thing is clunky but that doesn't matter all that much if it is free and works like you want. 

If it hadn't have worked I already had my CC out and ready to buy the other one I suggested.  Hope you have good luck with yours man.   

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

I used a Motorola device before switching to BlackBerry devices.
On my Motorola (Z3 slide), when I set an alarm in the calendar, it would :
  1. vibrate and ring (nothing special)
  2. then every 5 min, it would vibrate

which third party alarm applications provide that ?
I would be even better if the application would every 5min ring and not only vibrate.

I know BBsmart Alarms Pro does that, but just for an hour.

is there the same for missed calls ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor

Does anybody have BBSmart Alarm and can you tell me if you can set an alarm for a specific date, like November 5th? I did the trial, but I didn't check for that.

Also, in a blackberryforums review of the product, a person said that it was "easy to remedy" the issue that if the keypad is locked, you have to unlock it in order to snooze or dismiss the alarm. Do you know how to do that? I keep my keypad locked all the time. Please respond asap - as I need an alarm product asap, and none do "everything" I need so i need to pick one.

Lastly (for now) does the app restart after a battery pull or do you have to restart it manually?

For the person who wrote the last question in this post - before mine - BerryBuzz from bellshare is a GREAT "repeating alert" application.  Feel free to ask me any qestions about it.  I use it on the Tour.

Any/all info would be most appreciated.

Thanks - Maggie