Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

need help configuring my blackberry

I just bought a blackberry 8310 curve from ATT. I'm having some trouble configuring it, and would be very grateful for any help.

1. I loaded all my contacts from outlook (6000), but now am having trouble finding my phone contacts. is there any way to set it up so that there is an icon on the home screen where I see only a selected group of contacts, or a way to filter the contacts in the address book?
personal and business does not work because I can't go through all 6000 outlook contacts and set the all up to one certain thing.

2. Whenever I have a calender alert, it pops up on both my phone and my computer. Is there any way to make it pop up only on the computer?

3. is there any way to transfer certain emails from outlook onto the blackberry through the usb cable? I do not have the data plan.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: need help configuring my blackberry

Hello,

1) no. Can't you do it from Outlook ? You can ask some IT guy to do a program for that for you.

2) no.

3) no.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: need help configuring my blackberry

You can create "Categories" in Outlook which the BlackBerry will filter by.  Simply select the Filter options when in Address Book and select the Category to filter the contacts by.

Within the Calendar, on the BlackBerry, you can set the default Calendar reminder to None.  I don't know if this will change the reminder time on Outlook as well.  You will want to try it with one item to test.