Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

new BB Bold 9000

Dear friends

Just, 03 days ago, bought this BB Bold 9000 in Belgium and I begin with some problems which are:

1- since the installation of the BBB 9000 software in my computer, I have noticed that it goes really slower and sometimes my computer needs to be retarted

2- when i launch the desk top manager, i try to check and see who I can connect and synchronise with my computer. i choose mass storage and it gives BB with my computor. i try to copy paste somme files such as excel sheets? i get an error of "confirm steam loss". Iopen Desk Top Manager and try to click on the Application Loader then add/remove applications? the results give "no software is available for your device". If I try to browse i get My Documents of my computer which i can do nothing. Is this normal?

3- Then if I try to synchronize the pc and the devise, I get error "No applications configured for synchronisation". Which applications are applicable for synchronisation,

4- Is there any easy way to install and synchronize somme files such as contact & calendar of Outlook 2000 and also some excell files.

5-On my device

5.1.- how to set handfree when talking with the phone

5.2.- how to set audio to hear the way in the GPS navigation

5.3.- how to keep the screen on when navigating with the GPS

sorry too many questions on my beginning

Contributor

Re: new BB Bold 9000

Hmm...can't answer all your questions not being a PC user since I use Mac --

But as to Outlook 2000 - the Bold requires a minimum of Outlook 2002 or higher, it won't sync with anything older than that. I don't know if a program like Missing Sync for Blackberry Bold might assist you with that, but most likely not.

How are you trying to sync the files? Have you tried e-mailing yourself one or two of them, and see if that works? Again, you'll need someone with a PC to advise you how to work around the sync problems....Have you check out the full users manual? -- There is a complete users manual which is much better than the one that comes with the phone here:  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/docs/subcategories/?userType=1&category=BlackBerry+Smartphones&...

GPS --  the built-in app does not offer Voice navigation - at least here in the States you have to pay extra for that, and it requires different software downloads...the built in app, or a free download like googlemaps don't do voice navigation. 

To keep the map open on the screen, change your screen settings in Options so that they don't dim or timeout after 30 seconds...of course, you will eat up lots of battery that way, unless you are plugged into your car power source... 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: new BB Bold 9000

Thanks. I do have Outlook 2002 and cannot synchronize.Regarding the other answers, it did not help.