05-27-2012 06:32 PM
05-27-2012 07:17 PM
05-28-2012 10:20 AM
05-28-2012 10:40 AM
Well, I definitely don't see your model listed at the official download portal for your carrier (Orange UK). So, it begs the question...where did you buy it from? If you bought it from Orange UK, then they might just be late in posting things for it. If, on the other hand, you bought it elsewhere and are attempting to get it to run on Orange UK, then you may well have greater challenges ahead if Orange UK does not natively support it...
Nevertheless, to attempt to remedy your originally reported issue, I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.
Further, it has also been reported that when your user profile on windows (type 'echo %userprofile%' in the command prompt) contains spaces, then the installer will not work. In order to solve this issue, log out of your Windows account and log back in using the local Administrator account (or any other account name without spaces) and install the desktop (for all users).
1) Remove BB device OS update package(s) from your PC (add/remove programs)
2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM Desktop Software:
3) Get a fresh download of the RIM Desktop Software:
4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:
5) Install the Desktop Software to your PC -- do not let the software "run" just yet
6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package
7) Now launch the Desktop Software, connecting (via USB) your BB to your PC when prompted.
Hopefully that will get things going again.
Good luck and let us know!
05-28-2012 10:44 AM