Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Koodo

new curve 9360 battery

i got the blackberry curve 9360 last week. great phone. but the battery, sucks. with only the network turned on, just doing texting for 1 hour at lunch, and from 3-7, it dies at 7 at night. thats not much battery. on top of that, the phone now doesnt want to charge. i have plugged it into multiples chargers, and it only seems to charge on for 1 minute, off for a couple, on for 20 seconds, etc. it is really **bleep** me off. can anyone HELP!?!?!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Digi

Re: new curve 9360 battery

i'm experiencing the same problem...i make sure i close all applications yet the battery drain out really quick. and the phone also feels hot even when i wake up - mind you the phone's not being used for hours. i used to use the Blackberry Bold 9700 before this and that was awesome in battery life. can someone help????

New Contributor

same problem with heat and battery life... 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: Aircel - India

I bought curve 9360 recently. I am also facing the same battery problem and often the phones becomes heat Smiley Sad This phone is awesome in all other factors but except the battery life. My usage is 10 to 15 emails a day, 1 hour of social apps and 1 to 1.30 hours of voice calls. I charge my mobile morning daily but before 7pm my battery shows red indicator. I dont know this problem is due to less capacity (1000 mAh) battery or due to blackberry OS7. If it is due to less capacity battery then RIM should replace the higher capacity batteries to the consumers of this phone or if this problem is due to OS7 then some software update fix should be given by RIM. I am not able to use all the features in this mobile because of the worst battery life. If no solution from RIM then I should go back to my old BOLD :-(

I am highly disappointed with the battery of this fone

My Device: Curve - 9360
My Carrier: Rogers

Try turning off the built in Gps if you dont use it ... Options - Device - Location settings- Location services Turn to off ..

this helped my battery life .

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: Aircel - India

abuam,

thank you for the tips. I hope it will increase my battery life some more. Also the following helped me and now the battery life significantly increased to additonal 4 hours

1) I changed the network mode from 2G & 3G to 2G

2) Dreased the brightness to 10

3)Close the applications after using.

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: maxis

I have the same problem, I hope RIM will solve this prob ASAP.. I'm very disapointed, b4 I use bb curve 8900 no much problem with the batery life.. Maybe RIM should use higher power battery for curve 9360
New Contributor

i'd like to add that my Bold 9700 could go 3-4 days without recharging while this Curve requires me to charge by evening with the same usage....i'm really burdened by this Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: BSNL

My curve 9360 same problem with heat and battery life..Very disappointed with the BB Curve 9390.  battery life and reliability are questionable poor performance acoording to battery life.According to your company website's claim about 'SERIOUS TALKTIME' I think its a serious joke your company is playing with its customers as the set is only giving a standby time of mere 15 hours against the claimed 14 days.also the phone gets heated up while talking.All these problems are arising from your set which has been purchased just 4 days back and all the battery saving tips given in your handset is applied.
Contributor
My Device: RIM Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Ok, so I just acquired the new Curve 9360 and have to admit it's one of the sweetest phones I used. Overall good size, very light, graphics are stunning, very smooth, But as with all Blackberrys in history, it must have a huge flaw (previous version(9300) was the bulky-size of it). With this one, I've found it's battery lasts less than a day. Even with the phone on "Silent" mode, the phone won't last longer than a day. The new battery RIM decided to put into it (EM1) doesn't seem to be up to the task. the previous battery (CS2) lasted longer. Needless to say all the fab-features of the phone can't be used. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop there. When charging and used for calls, the phone picks up heat.

So, to help you guys and gals out there with this issue, here's what you can do:

1- If you don't need it, turn off the Location on the device

Go to Options - Device - Location Settings - Locations Services : Location Off

2- If you're not using it, or don't plan on using them, turn Bluetooth and Wi-Fi off

Highlight the upper bar (Date - clock - Network) and turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi

3- Turn down the screen brightness

Go to Options - Display - Screen Display - Backlight Brightness : [Select]

This has a double purpose as strong backlighting irritates your eyes and tires your vision. Plus Blackberry changed the screens from a pixel TFT screen to a HVGA+ TFT, so if it's sunny outside you won't have difficulty seeing your screen correctly.

4- Reduce the Backlight timeout

Go to Options - Display - Screen Display - Backlight Timeout : [Select] *I recommend a 30s delay w/ auto dim

5- If your battery is low and LED is blinking yellow, put the phone on Silent

This is not recommended if you're expecting a call or an e-mail as all alerts are turned off. The LED will still blink, but no vibration/sound will be felt/heard.

I hope this helps you guys. It did work for me, so I'm sharing the info with you. Overall I think this new Curve is great and better than the one before.

thanks for reading.