Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9360
My Carrier: Airtel - India

Re: new curve 9360 battery

thanx!! i just spoke to my operator and they have given me a link now to upgrade my phone software... its a 197 mb software upodate.. let me update and then write on the forum if i see any improvement!
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I love my phone but i have to take my charger wherever i go..................so annoying trying out the tips you have given me. I want bb to call a recall and fix the problem............

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: tesco

Re: new curve 9380 battery cover

does anyone have any idea where i can get a back battery cover for my curve 9380???????

Contributor

Try the following tips:

1. Change your network from 2G & 3G to 2G.
2. Change your Options-display-screen display- backlight to 10 & backlight timeout to 20 secs
3. Change your Options-device-location settings-location services OFF
4. Dont keep any unnecessary application running in the background and exit it whenver not needed.

I tried the above changes and believe me, now I get almost double the backup when I was almost fed up and planning to change my 3 month old 9360! Now Iam satisfied.

Contributor

Re: new curve 9380 battery cover

unfortunately, only iPhone has those and not BBs due to the charger point placement. In BBs, its on the side whereas iPhones have it on the bottom. Alternatively, you can try using a 1500mH additional Gold battery available on e-bay. Though I have not used it yet, but sounds good. else you can try the tips mentioned above in my post to enhance the battery life.
Contributor
My Device: RIM Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

@Bunty21

Did you do the upgrade? If you didn't it doesn't change much the battery behavior. It was (I think), a glitch in the OS script that drained the battery.

Now if you did upgrade the software, it doesn't change much either. I can spend all day with WiFi on, 3G&2G Network, Location ON, and the phone still has battery untiil midnight (I leave at 6).
Contributor

@PetitJean.....

Hmmm.. i did upgrade it.. but my operator had only 7.0.255 from the basic 7.0.0. whereas in other countries, its 7.1. So I believe it made difference by the setting changes. But any ways, i am ok with the performace now. I will gradually switching back to the defaults (location on, 2G to 3G, backlight...) to see the difference!
New Contributor
My Carrier: Starhub

Thanks guys after reading i manage to update the OS to 7.1 however it did not show improvement to my battery life. Any idea?

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: CellC

Hey guys.the only thing that significantly increases batt life is if u put it on 2G only.I have tried 3 diff software nw I'm on 7.1.with 3G off I get a whole day that is the best u will get with this phone..correct me if I'm wrong.I'd love to get more than a day out of a full charge.seems like impossible
New Contributor
My Carrier: Starhub

Currently my battery last for about 10hrs with normal usage and screen at 10. Was very disappointed with the battery performance and now I will need to bring a portable charger around with me.

Anyone with OS 7.1 but battery able to last longer? As I read from previous user it seems that the battery life last more than a day after updating to OS.