Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

Re: new curve 9360 battery

I upgraded the software on my 9360 on Sunday to .530 and the battery is still at 75%, I haven't used it that much as I have been using an old Nokia with a great battery life but before the battery went dead in less than 24 hours with the same useage. So fingers crossed Blackberry have solved the problem

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How do I upgrade the software? Is it safe to do so? (Especially wrt bbm contacts etc). I live in SA.
New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

I just connected the phone to the computer and logged into Blackberry.co.uk and when the  blackberry desktop opened it said there was a software update available.I backed up my phone and installed the software,all my texts, phone call log was restored.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: DTAC

Hi,

If we go to  a BlackBerry Shop, could they install the upgrade .530 for you?

Thank you in advance for answers,

Tibo

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN

My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: fido

same problem with mine.  I am a huge BB supporter, but this battery issue is really peeing my off

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

[ Edited ]

I knew that BB Curve 9360 battery life wouldn't last longer than what I have been accustomed to but was disappointed at how quick its battery life was. Since that day, I've been finding ways to extend its battery life. Did several things like always closing the apps not in use, reducing the display brightness, turning off the gps, etc. I've seen some progress but it still requires me to charge it once or twice a day. I used to make calls a lot but now I don't. I was just thinking that what good is it that I'm paying for an unlimited data plan if my phone can't keep up? BB Curve 9360 would've been a great phone if it hadn't been for its poor battery life. Hope RIM will be able to find a quick workaround very soon.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: DTAC

The solution, if nobody though about it yet, ..... is to buy another set of battery, that you can change during the day, and charge both of them during the night! That what I will do probably!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Voda

Hello everyone ..i upgraded my os to. 594 wch was release sum days ago..theres a significant improvement in d battery life..so i suggest everyone to update to .594...theres also a leaked 7.1 os which has hotspot n radio. Updating os is really simple.u just have to take care tht u dont disconnect ur bb frm ur pc while its updating ..thts it. Make sure u backup ur bb before updating as all data is erased. U gotta have bb desktop manager in ur pc for both backing up n updating. When u dwnload the os ..install the setup file and after its installed go to c/program files/common files/rim/apploader. Then delete the vendor.xml file frm there. Restart ur pc.connecy ur bb ..start bb desktop manager and click on update.. mk sure u remove the vendor file or else bb dsktop mgr wont detect the update..hope it helps!!
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: rogers

[ Edited ]

This phones battery is rediculous! I am now stuckin a contract with Rogers with a phone i can't use!! I am a traveling nurse and I need more time than 5 hrs, my old bold 9700 talk time was all weekend!
I am furious with this blackberry and it says LONG LASTING BATTERY .............  (edit)
No I have a 3 yr contract and no new phone..thanks RIM!! should have bought and IPHONE!