Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: CURVE 9360
My Carrier: Orange Romania

Re: new curve 9360 battery

Same here.

All connections off, battery dies in 12H tops.

How am I supposed to "work" with this device ? Had the Curve 8520 and changed it for the camera. Money spent for nothing and it is my fault believing BB are serious. Should've check the forums before. Foe all you thinking about this device, don't get fooled by the looks. It's pretty. That's it. Sucks big time. Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TMobile

I think the goal should be for people to go for another BlackBerry. The Bold is the only one that seems to keep its power. I would strongly recommend people NOT BUY the BlackBerry Curve.

Most BB owners are used to a longer Battery Life and the low battery life on the 9360 causes much grief & pain as people go around their business.

Thanks for comments above. The GPS being ON was something I had not remmebered, but happy someone caught that. Best,

Visitor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: tmobile

exactly the same problems, i thought my phone was faulty but then i came on here and saw everyone else have the same problems and figured it must be blackberry. i turned my phone on at 8am when the battery was fully charged, i have sent about 25 texts and used the internet for around 45 minutes, it is now 6.30pm and the battery is on 20%. RIM have messed up big time with this, the phone is great but the battery life is a big downside. im thinking of changing to a BB bold.

New Contributor
My Carrier: maxis

with all this plenty of report about curve 9360, how can RIM just silent n do nothing???? plz plz solve this

Contributor

Would be great if the operators in accordance with RIM would accept replacing the Curves with other models. But say what ? The only available BB's at my operator are 9360, Torch and 9900. None is better. So, it's just Good Bye RIM, too bad for the 24 months plan.
New Contributor
My Carrier: maxis

what is the function of blackberry support community if RIM doesnt care about what been discus here????

Contributor

They're diving fast together with their share. Too bad. IPhone is also *bleep*. So AndroId ? I need BB.
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TMobile

FYI - I called TMobile. They have seen this issue come up with many customers. 9360 battery is bad with the current rev 9360 / 7.0.0.319 (B1693)

Only suggestion is to send me Another 9360. Else, they will get me a backup 2ndary battery with Warranty Request. This could be bad.

Or I could pay $200 or $250 for a 9900 Bold. The demand for BlackBerry 9780's is going to grow tremendously. Lotsa pain out there understandably so. But seems like I will be stuck with 9360 untill I can get another long-lasing BB.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

It doesnt get any better, even with bundle 1825, version7.0.0.400. The battery simply sucks. I charge it 3 times a day. At d start of wrk, before leavin wrk and an hr or so before goin to ned as it is my morning alarm too. Orange as a network provider did their best by providing a replacement of d complete handset, as it was within d first 14 days of purchase. However, its no better n nw i am in a 18 mnth contract. Might just hv to go back to my old android to survive. This is areal shame for BB. Hope they do something for their customers, rather than just ignoring these communities!
Visitor
My Device: 9360 Curve
My Carrier: Mobilicity

I'm a business user and am going to need 3 to 4 batteries to get me through one day with this phone.

I've done everything recommended to extend battery life without any noticable results.

If fully charged, turned on, and left alone without using it, the battery is dead in 9 hours.

Make a couple of calls, and I may get 2 hours of life.

BlackBerry posts the battery life spec on their website for the 9360 as:

Talk time: up to 5 hours  (Not possible in my daily use on a 3G network)
Standby time: up to 14 days (GSM), up to 12 days (UMTS®) (Again, not possible)

Probably I'll have to sell this device and buy another manufacturer if RIM doesn't address soon.