Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: new curve 9360 battery

Another one here.

I consider myself a low user, i only use the phone to answer maybe make 1 or 2 calls a day and write 1 text message a week.

I used to have a 3g Pearl and i would get about 1 week of battery life from it on 3g mode, but i dropped it Smiley Sad

So unfortunately I bought a 9360, and i don't even get 2 days out of it before the battery dies, that's with data turned off, wireless turned off, bluetooth turned off, gps turned off, 2g mode, data services disabled........THAT'S PATHETIC!

If i make a phone call it heats up so hot like it's going to catch on fire.

I had it replaced twice and i gave up and made them swap it for a Bold 9930.

Now I get 5-6 days battery life which is much better, but the reception on the bold is terrible compared with the Pearl and the 9360......sigh, i think it's time to go to another manufacturer.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve Apollo 9360
My Carrier: globe

i hope that this also help my battery life.. thanks
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Blackberry

Although the number of complaints do assure that the problem with curve 9360 battery is a genuine one,yet,just wrote in to create a bit more pressure on RIM to get dis mess and their downgrading repo all cleaned up...it boasted of a new type of battery which cud withstand heavy usage for 2 days "easily".

Forget 2 days u'd b lucky if it lasts for half a day.

Plus it gets heated...really heated...also noticed dat the battery levels go down at an evn faster rate wen it is so...

So all d owners of dis new curve please keep d complaints pouring in...RIM must hear...its high tym...

And al d pages goin arnd d net suggesting things for improvement of battery lyf are of very little use,if any....

New Contributor
My Carrier: Blackberry

Heyy guyz....

Lets get up dis one post with all d likes 2 b designated as 'the problem with curve 9360'.

I'm trying to cover up al i can n all d sufferers are requested to like d page and respond with watevr...

SO d battery is jus 2 bad lasting at max 10-12 hrs for an average user and evn less for anyone who's much into e-mails,facebook,twitter etc...and worth mentioning-it is much much less dan "bold" battery...and fairly assuming goin forth is improvement...blackberry enters stoneage wid dis battery...

NEXT UP...almost as if d abysmal battery wsnt a headache enuff...d battery is a source of heat...its leaks heat at a high rate makin it impossible to keep d fon in ur jeans pocket...and dats not it...d battery goes down at an even faster rate wen its hot....

Havin critisised wat deserved 2 b,its only fair dat blackberry b congratulated as far as features and user experience with 9360 goes...its verry veryy nyc..nly it could hav been FANTABULOUS had it not been 4 d battery thing...

SOOOO....

We request nthn more dan wat we deserve...we arent no planners,strategic heads,technical geeks 2 suggest ne solution...do watevr u may...recall,battery change,software upgrades etc...simply mend d battery...

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodacom

Battery life is not good, not good at all

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: airtel

i wrote on RIm's twitter page for my country ...they are askin me to visit the service center..hope they provide me a good battery

pulonium: dey swapped your 9360 for bold 9930 ?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Voda

[ Edited ]

recently purchased 9360 as i read on RIMs website that its standby time is more or less as same as 9780.

im really disappointed as the battery is really poor.doesnt even last 12hours.

recently, i found on the internet that this heating and battery issue is mostly on .319 firmware.

(you can check on options>device>about device versions . it must v 7.0.0.319 ).

a new firmware is out on the RIM site .474 and .530 and many have tried and they are happy with the battery life.

i upgraded the firmware to .530 yesterday .its too soon to make out the battery life .i will update on the results.

hope this helps! cheers!

you can google  crackberry forums.thats where i found the solution!

RIM ..your going down really soon . what a solution u have given on your site for saving battery,

heres whats written :

close all apps when not in use,switch off wifi and bluetooth , switch off fone when not in use.reduce the brightness.HOLY COW! if i have to switch off all the things ,then why on earth did i purchase dis phone?

New Contributor
My Device: Black Berry curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hey thanks for the update mate... Even ill follow the steps which you tried... Let's see, hopefully this should solve the battery issue of 9360.
New Contributor
My Device: Black Berry curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am with you mate... Very good intiative.
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: airtel

is it an official update and th warranty remains valid ??