Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
Accepted Solution

new to BB smartphone

Hi, I'm new to BB smartphones...just bought a curve 8310, but am little confused about one or two things. I trialled one for a week but then sent it back as I was unsure about the tariff I was getting.......before realising  I missed it too much and ordered another one!

1. I set up my 2 e-mail accounts and on the previous phone I tried out, I saw an icon for each e-mail address  - but now I only seem to have one envelope icon for one of my mail addresses, and then a "messages " icon

which seems to show all sms and e-mail messages when opened....is there a way I can have separate icons for each mail address?

2. I notice there is a " trackball sensitivity" option with percentage changes, but not sure that this means and what effect it has if I change it......

3. What does the full menu and short menu choice mean? I cannot seem to see anything different...or am I looking in the wrong place?

Can anyone help with these 3 questions?

Many thanks

G

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: new to BB smartphone

WelcSmiley Happyme to the FSmiley Happyrums!

You will love the blackberry once you get used to all the features.  Here is a great link to help you get started.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board?board.id=NewBlackBerryUsers

Regarding seperating your emails/ SMS -

Go to your MESSAGE ICON

PRESS THE MENU KEY (the blackberry button to the left of your trackball)

GENERAL OPTIONS

Scroll down to SMS and EMAIL INBOXES and click seperate

Press menu key and SAVE

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

1. Messages > Menu > Options > General Options > scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes = Separate > SAVE.

2. It basically rolls the trackball faster or slow when scrolling. A higher number should make the trackball more sensitive to your scroll... i.e., faster.

3.  Many of the menu screens, like when in your Messages folder, may have 10-15 items on the menu. The short menu only lists the most commonly used items, like save, delete, etc.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

Thanks for the help - much appreciated!

Just one more question:

Hpw do I set up a folder where I can send text messages that I've read, and want to keep?

My old mobile used to  have a  "My Folder" and I could move text messages in to it....so can I set up a folder on the BB as a seperate folder and then move messages in to it- and if so how do I do this.

and one other query......

I was just trying to find my way round the screen and menu etc and then the screen froze....is this like a computer that rights itself or do I have to do anything different other than taking out the battery and waiting while it re-sets itself? Or have I got a faulty phone?? It is still within the 28 day period from new, so I'm not sure if this is something that happens on occasions, or if I have a dodgy phone!

Regards,

Gilly

Thanks again for any help......it's like being the new girl at a new school and not finding my way round!

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

For messages you wish to SAVE, while that message is open, press Menu > Save.

Then, you can view those messages by opening your Messages folder > Menu > View Saved, or while in the SMS messages list, press the letter key 'v' as a shortcut to your saved messages.

If the freezing problem contiues over the next few days, consider returning it for a new device. If you do, make a complete backup of your data in Desktop Manager > Backup, first.

But it could have been a simple glitch that may never occur again, but removing the battery while powered on is the recommended method.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_reset_my_BlackBerry%3F

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code