Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

newbie question... maybe?

Hello all, new to blackberry and can't figure out what is wrong. I'm trying to download the app world but when I try to do it through the 9700 browser, I'm not able to click on the download button. It's just gray and the "pointer finger" does not appear in order to click it. Also noticed that it also happens on some search buttons on some web sites. Also tried downloading form my laptop but the blackberry web site said "Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site at using the browser on your BlackBerry® smartphone."

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or what settings I need to change?

And yes I am hitting the trackpad and or enter, but it just doesn't seem to register as a button I can click

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: newbie question... maybe?

Perhaps some assistance from this: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17659
Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
New Contributor

FA1SGL wrote:
Perhaps some assistance from this: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17659

Im sure I meet all the requierments, it's a brand new 9700. Also I made sure it is updated. The doc doesn't really mention anything about issuse with the browser and not being able to click on a button.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Hello,

Checked Options - About...

What OS version to you have....

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
New Contributor

OzBBerry42 wrote:

Hello,

Checked Options - About...

What OS version to you have....

Well if im not mistaken the OS is 5.0 and as for the options (assuming browser options)-

Browser Config-

Browser: internet browser

support java cript

allow javascript popups

terminate slow running scripts

show images

use background images

support embedded media

Browser Identification: Blackberry

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 & Storm 9530

I've noticed that on some mobile sites, I have to click on the screen when the cursor is the "zoom" icon. Once it zooms in, the small hand cursor appears and I am able to navigate the page.

Follow on Twitter @blackberryzen
http://theblackberryreview.blogspot.com/
New Contributor

Ok well Im not sure whats going on or if i accidentaly changed something along the way of trying to figure out what was wrong but it work now for what ever reason.... Happy that its working now, just wish i knew what was wrong in the first place. But either way thanks for all the help

I am having the same problem (not being able to click links). I'm glad yours is working but I wish I knew how to fix mine!

New Contributor

& i thought i was the only have having the same problem... maybe its a defect or something?  ive had the same problem before & sometimes randomly it happens again... for some reason it wont let me click the link. the best thing to do is to reboot your phone & it works great again also letting you click linkds. but im tired of having to reboot my phone on a daily basis, is this normal? i know they have apps called "quick pull" & "restart me" to simulate a battery pull. i uninstalled the restart me app cuz it sucked. the quick pull app isnt free so i said forget it. PRESS ALT+SHIFT+DELETE to reboot. works great. i am running the v5.0.0.330 if that makes a difference. is there a certain settings we have to change in order for us to actually click stuff in the browser? i went to the t-mobile store to ask about this issue & the guy told me that some sites are unable to let you click on it because it runs a java-scirpt that we cant support? i dont know, something like that... i forgot haha. this is getting long, hope it helps a little. keep me updated!

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9700

Same here!

It worked fine straight out of the package, but after two days I couldn't even search for videos on youtube, simply because the trackpad/enter didn't work.

Rebooting is my only option. They couldn't really help me at the store either...