Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

no full power off option

sorry if this has been posted before

ok so im new to bb ive had my bb storm for few days now got to grips with it the only problem is that when i turn it off it goes in to a sort off stand by mode ive search other forums and theres now answer as people say this is in stand by mode click full power off option but the problem is i have no full power option they also say you can enable it to turn off and on at certain times and if you enable it when you turin it off it will then ask say full power odd or power off , but when i press the buttin to turn it off it says "!turning heldheld off press any key to abort" i dont press anything and the screen goes black so i assume its off but when i turn it bk on in the morning some battery has gone and it comes on within half a second so there for this isnt full power off mode, my problem is i would like it to full power off not just stand by but there is no option for this does anybody else have this problem or is there a way to get it 

My Device: Storm 9530

Re: no full power off option

Under options you can set auto on and auto off...
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm BB 9530T - Verizon

auto on and auto off doesn't do anything that manual off by holding down the end button.

The OP is right, there is no way to shut the phone off fully except to remove the battery.   If you do this, you will see it takes a rather long time to start again which is why there is no other means to shut it down - nobody would want to.

The difference in power level doesn't represent actual power consumed (though I'm sure that some small bit does).  How the circuit measures the current levels of the battery is less than precise and so the phone "thinks" it is lower than it was.

Really, don't fret about this.  If you leave your phone off for a week or so, consider removing the battery but that's really all.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

My work provided Bold 9900 is a work phone. My personal phone is an iphone. I rarely use the Bold and mainly have it to make long distance calls after hours. One or two times during the week, I`ll use it during the day.

it's really annoying to put a nearly fully charged phone which I have "powered off" with the power button on a Friday afternoon and then try to power it on on Monday morning only to find it fully discharged. Even more frustrating is to have to search the internet for answers.

Then the answer is to pull out the battery or play finger Twister (Press at the same time alt + aA (in the right side) + del). If that's the answer, then this is poor design IMHO.