Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

no internet service from t-mobile(BIS)

[ Edited ]

Hello blackberry.

I have a problem.

my dougther has a blackberry bold 9700 bought on the black market in the netherlands not the 

illegal market but the one in Beverwijk. the problem is that t-mobile can not get the mobile fone on there network it gives an error en the told me that this phone is only good for bes. my doughter has sold her previous blackberry curve 8520 t-mobile prepaid to get the 9700. is this trou that there are blackberry 9700 versions that only work whit bes!!!! i want the phone working whit her prepaid zo she dont get large phone bils. is there somme one  who can help us. and is it trou that when the phone is registered to a previous person she is not be able to get her phone on the network, is there somme place where you can check this.

the message i cet when i wand to greate a account is.

The error is Cannot create account: This BlackBerry(R) device is not registered with your wireless service provider. Please register this device and verify that the URL of the current web site matches the one provided by your wireless service provider.
To register:
1. In the Application list in your device, click Options
2. Click Advanced options > Host Routing Table
3. Click the menu and click register now

T-mobile gould not do anything about is zo please Help her\us ore give me a gleu what i kan do about it.

ps sorry for the bad english hope you understand the problem.

greets from the netherlands

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: no internet service from t-mobile(BIS)

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Well, it sounds like that "black market" seller did not do what they must before selling, as per this KB:

• KB05099Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

If, as you were told, the BB remains attached to BES, then there may or may not be anything you can do. If that BES system continues to have this BB activated, then even if you cleanse the BB of the BES IT Policy, it is possible that the BES server will simply reach out and re-activate. Unfortunately, only the owner of the BES server can answer that question...and the only way to track them down is by you contacting the seller to be sure.

If the BB is truly released from BES, then there is still BIS to consider. If the BB remains registered on another carriers BIS, then your carrier will never be able to register it on their BIS. Again, only the seller can tell you for sure.

You are welcome to try the following process to attempt cleansing off the IT Policy:

However, be aware of what I said above. It is completely possible that this will never work. If you are successful, then talk to your carrier again about registering the BB on their network...but still remembering what I said above about BIS.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hello

First thanks for youre replay!!

I dont hink that the phone has the it policy in it but im not sure.

it tels me on the page info about the phone

configuration from micro edition!!!!

on the tap secification  efermis for gps it tels me http://eph421.blackberry.com/ep

whit a fink to use bis

it olso tels me that how big the downloaded efermis is en that its blocked til 25 feb 2001 09:00 en the next download is 25 feb 11:41

on the Geolocation it tels me it policy allowed

Servicebook not available

user anabled

Next sync  22 feb 2011 09:33

on the tab location setting

under general
i can choose GPS ore the blackberry 8520 thats her old phone????????

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

I'm sorry, but your translator didn't work very well that time...I'm having a very hard time determining what you are saying in that last post...

atoompje wrote:

I dont hink that the phone has the it policy in it but im not sure.

Then how do you know that the BB is "only good for BES" as you said earlier?

atoompje wrote:

it tels me on the page info about the phone

configuration from micro edition!!!!

I don't understand that. What is "it"...the BB? And what info page are you looking at? Micro edition? I don't understand that at all...

atoompje wrote:

on the tap secification  efermis for gps it tels me http://eph421.blackberry.com/ep

whit a fink to use bis

Tap specification? What is that?

Efermis? What is that?

Whit a fink to use bis? What is that?

atoompje wrote:

it olso tels me that how big the downloaded efermis is en that its blocked til 25 feb 2001 09:00 en the next download is 25 feb 11:41

Efermis? What is that?

Still, what is it? And what is blocked?

atoompje wrote:

on the Geolocation it tels me it policy allowed

Servicebook not available

user anabled

Next sync  22 feb 2011 09:33

Where, exactly, is this Geolocation? Since it says something about an IT Policy, it is possible that the BB indeed has one on board.

atoompje wrote:

on the tab location setting

under general
i can choose GPS ore the blackberry 8520 thats her old phone????????

Ore?

As you can see, I have more questions than answers from your last post since it did not translate well at all.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hello,

Sorry for the last message for me it is olso difficult to find out what the problem is. its now some weeks later and stil i was not be able to get de rim\bis working. is it posible to give you my device pin and emei code to get is free from anny previous instant email accounts. i searched the whole internet to al de instan email providers and askt to resend the password but whit no luck.

Please help

Hall of Famer III

Hello again,

Well, sorry to say, but with this latest post, you have provided no new information nor clarified any of the questions from before. As such, there is nothing additional that I can offer you.

atoompje wrote:

is it posible to give you my device pin and emei code

That would be useless. I don't work for RIM. If you give me those, all you are doing is inviting abuse (not that I would do such, but it is safer to keep those private and only share with authorized persons...which I am not).

Are you perhaps thinking that, by asking questions on these forums, that you are talking to RIM or anyone else with any official capacity? Because such is not at all the case...these forums are user-to-user... Your only formal source of support is from your wireless service provider. If they cannot resolve it, then no one here can improve that situation.

Good luck!