Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

CSO
New Contributor
My Device: Torch

no option to stop BES forwarding email to handheld?

[ Edited ]
On my 9000, and I thought on my Torch as well - until today - there was a subpage in mail options called message services which permitted you to select which email account settings to modify (for example BES or BIS). Then once I selected my BES account there was an option to "send email to handheld" or not. Something I turned off every evening and back on in the morning (don't want work emails bugging me all night).

BUT, now I can't find where that option is on my Torch. Very strange. I've searched everywhere, I think. Any help would be great. At minimum, will someone who has multiple email accounts (BES) check their Torch to see if the setting I refer to is there? I'm not sure If I messed something up which caused the option to disappear. At a minimum, will someone who has multiple email accounts check their Torch to see if the setting I refer to is there? I'm not sure If I messed something up which caused the option to disappear.
Thanks

Edited content to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: no option to stop BES forwarding email to handheld?

I found it completely by accident.  Start on the home screen, go into messages, click on menu button beside the green phone, go into email account management.  At this point you would have had to set up the blackberry email account.  If you haven't done that, do this first.  You probably already did if you are currently getting emails on your blackberry.  So you log into that blackberry account and it will connect and show you the email accounts you currently have.  Click on that menu button again, down by the green phone, and go into the Filters.  Where is says "When no filters apply" you can select the option "Do not forward messages to the device".  I hope this helps you and if you have any questions, reply to this posting.  Good luck.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I was tired of looking for the setting and clicking everywhere. I just use phone only setting in profiles at night, that way everything is there waiting for me in the morning.

So now you have 2 choices on what to do.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I also looked at beside mode, aka profile when charging/Cradled and you can choose a profile for that as well and not have to make any change cept for apply power cord.

Take a look at all the clock options for bedside mode.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V