Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

no "0" vibrate option on 8130

Two questions:

1)  I recently wiped and updated my Pearl 8130 and I've been trying to set the profile options for new mail/text messages.  I don't want it to vibrate with new mail/texts, and there is not an option to turn it off.  Under Normal profile, Vibrate option - 1, 2, or 3 - not 0. 

2)  Also, with my old settings, my new, unopened texts showed up in bold print, and now they don't.  

Help!

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: no "0" vibrate option on 8130

Hi rbauer,

Find the following response of your two questions -

1)  I recently wiped and updated my Pearl 8130 and I've been trying to set the profile options for new mail/text messages.  I don't want it to vibrate with new mail/texts, and there is not an option to turn it off.  Under Normal profile, Vibrate option - 1, 2, or 3 - not 0.

This is common and unified in all BlackBerry devices. If you set vibration to 1and keep Out of Holster setting to Tone then no vibration will occur.

2)  Also, with my old settings, my new, unopened texts showed up in bold print, and now they don't.

Basically the name of the contact or the  phone no. usually come in Bold print not the entire text message.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit