Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

bn1
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

not able to sync my Bold 9780 with my outlook 2003

I have installed the latest version of Blackberry desktop manager 6.0.1.18. I have a blackberry bold 9780 which is unable to sync with my outlook 2003 when connected. I go through the organizer setup tick address book and choose two way sync after clicking finish the Address book un-checks itself this is the same when choosing tasks, calendars and memos. I can confirm the blackberry is plugged into my pc and on the blackberry i have chosen sync media. I am running outlook 2003 sp3 and there is only 1 profile on my outlook. I can confirm outlook is my default mail programme and my blackberry device is running software 6.0.0.359. I have also tried re-installing the blackberry desktop manager software.

Can someone please advise me with my problem.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: not able to sync my Bold 9780 with my outlook 2003

What is the error you get when you click on the Organizer > Sync button?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
bn1
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

i don’t get an error at all i just get the screen with the finish button, after click finish i notice the tick then disappears next to address book

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

OK, understood.

The easiest, least invasive troubleshooting would to disconnect the USB cable and reboot the PC from off, and do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner:

With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescirbed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Then, reconnect and try the setup process again.

Read this post for tips and help to connect your device to Desktop Manager:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Tips-for-getting-BlackBerry-Deskt...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: XL

I doubt by removing the battery will solve this problem. I have a feeling that the new desktop software and 9780 just simpily doesnt support outlook 2003 pst files no more. 

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

I have exactly the same problem.

Has anyone found a solution to it?