Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: I am also NOT receiving MSN email & hoping for help!

im pretty sure izymail is to allow you to forward hotmail to pop so you can set it up in your email client on your PC... I personally would never want msn on pop as the outlook connector is much better.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

"Bifocals" and "drizzt09",

I'm back after a crazy week of presenting numerous business writing workshops. 

MSN email has behaved pretty well this past week, only had to "send books" once or twice.  I agree, best not to add anything else while working on this.  For now, I am going to leave it alone, since there is always the option of checking it through the browser.  Love tech phrase "problem cleared while testing", explains a lot in my life.

Finally, I have a bit of time to move on to some other things on my BB - you know what that means - more questions!

Bifocals - the "zippity" never goes away, it's there somewhere................

Smiles,

Jane

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Jane,

Bring on the other questions! Smiley Wink

Why don't you mark this thread as resolved, on your post as what you decided to do.

That way other users can see what work we have done and your decision faster.

It also keeps other users from working on a problem you have decided to workaround.

Just open a new thread for your other questions.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes, of course I should close the thread - hence my next issue.

I have read the "help" section, and looked at related threads, and while I have the icon for "kudo's", I am unable to find or add the "checkmark" to close the thread.  I am accessing this via the web and not my BB, and have tried everything I can find, without success.

I am sure I will hang my head in embarrassment when I read the answer, but until then I remain "lost".

Smiles,

Jane

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Only the original poster (OP) can close the thread...you jumped into an OP's thread with a similar issue (btw, that's also called "hijacking" a thread). Consequently, you can't close the thread. This is the reason we tend to encourage folks to open a thread of their own rather than hijacking someone else's thread...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to educate me.  I appreciate learning something new.  I am new at this whole process, but promise not to hijack any more threads.

Smiles,

Jane

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi Jane,

Um, you don't know me but I see where some guy named Bifocals told you to resolve the post.

I bet he didn't look to see if you started the thread. Sgardne gave you some good info.

I look forward you working with you!

Thanks,

Some guy other than Bifocals.

Message Edited by Bifocals on 06-28-2009 11:07 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Giggles.

I look forward to seeing you on my next thread.

Until then,

Jane

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

btw just a little hint, i knwo there were some problems a while back with msn not receiving emails to device

this was caused by the user being signed into msn/live messenger with the same email account on the PC. This causes the servers to not be able to grab the email for some reason. Im not sure if this has been resolved in newer versions, but I havent heard of it in awhile. but something to look into.

Contributor

Thank you for the hint, I will add that to my repertoire for dealing with the MSN email.  It has been pretty well behaved as of late. Perhaps MSN is a slow learner (giggles) and with the repeated steps it has finally begun to get it.

This is my first adventure on any type of forum, and I am so fortunate to meet you and "bifocals".  I appreciate the time and expertise you both generously share.

Are either of you on Twitter?

Smiles,

Jane