Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

not receiving text messages

my torch has stopped receiving texts.

this has been going on for over two months now and i don't know what i can do for it.

i am pretty sure there is a setting somewhere on the mobile itself that has deactivated it because many times [this is an ongoing thing] i will turn it on and the screen is displaying a preferences page of some kind and i am certain i made a change on some sort of page by accident without realizing it and i am sure that is what is keeping it from receiving texts, since i have many times accidentally found myself on some unknown page that was open for some reason when i turn on the mobile, and often wondered hey did i turn on or off a setting there? and then because i exited the page i don't know where it is in order to go back in there and check.

thing is i cannot find any kind of setting anywhere but it has to be the only answer since the mobile shouldn't just stop receiving texts for any reason...

anyone know where this kind of setting might be?

thank you very much

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: not receiving text messages

Hello,

The only "setting" I can think of is in the Firewall. I don't know the exact key sequence on your specific BB model/OS level (which, btw, neither of which you specified...), but it's normally inside of "Options" and in the Security section. In the Firewall settings, there is the ability to block SMS messages completely or only allow those that come from contacts that you have in your address book.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: O2

well i entered this in the torch forum, so i figured that was enough Smiley Tongue

its a torch, model is most likely 9800, was first torch model as far as i know.

os version is a good question.

however, you were exactly right. under security under firewall, blocking text messages was on for cryin' out loud.

61 messages blocked.

finally...

thank you, issue resolved :0

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

andromeda_girl wrote:

well i entered this in the torch forum, so i figured that was enough Smiley Tongue

its a torch, model is most likely 9800, was first torch model as far as i know.

Well, as the forum sub-title says, there are four Tourch models:

• 9800, 9810, 9850, 9860

andromeda_girl wrote:

os version is a good question.

And something you, along with your specific model number, need to know. When you request assistance, the answer can be very different based on both the specific model number as well as the OS level. So providing those details is critical to receiving useful responses. Unfortunately, the method of actually displaying, on the BB, the OS level is also different based on the OS level. There is somewhere a KB that says how to check the OS level on any BB at any OS level, but for the life of me I can't find it now...sorry...

andromeda_girl wrote:

however, you were exactly right. under security under firewall, blocking text messages was on for cryin' out loud.

61 messages blocked.

finally...

thank you, issue resolved :0

Excellent! I'm glad you got it resolved. Enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 2009 curve 9300
My Carrier: celcom

hi,

How can I read back blocked text messages?