Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: not syncing from Outlook to Bold

Sorry but I can't be of much help with this, howver, if you have selected Outlook from the setup Wizard the program should map the folders automatically and there should only be one entry in the Calendar, Memo and Address Book. Two entries might mean it's syncing with another calendar that you are not seeing.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge can jump in.

Contributor

Thanks for your comments. I think I understand how you feel. This is the second BB I have had. I didn't add too many apps to the first one (an 8820) and it performed well with an acceptable level of issues and problems. When I got the Bold about 6 moths ago I decided to leave my PPC behind and really make the Bold my all inclusive PDA/phone but have since spent about 25+ hours on the phone with RIM dealing with many of the issues I mentioned earlier. My wife has an iphone and has pretty much had "0" problems by comparison to me and the Bold. If it were not for the BB keyboard I would switch to an iPhone in a nano-second. 

I am a BIS user and don't know anything about what I might be missing if I were a BES user. Ignorance is bliss.

New Contributor

Datadrifter, don't you have to pay each time you call RIM, or did you buy a package?  I've already paid 50 bucks to Microsoft to get Outlook working again, I hope I don't have to pay RIM now..but it's looking that way, I can't work without the calendar syncing much longer.

Highlighted
Contributor

We have a corporate account with ATT and BB support is included at no additional cost. The ATT people don't know anything beyond the basics so they pass anyting else on to support at RIM who have been very helpful. If you call RIM direct, there is a fee for support. You might try calling your carrier.
New Contributor

Halleluyah!!!  It seems to be working!  I would like to post what worked, in case someone else has this problem, unfortunately, I am not sure!!  Today, I deleted my secondary email, that didn't seem to help, then I unchecked all syncing except for Calendar, since that is most important to me, that didn't seem to help, then I changed it to one way syncing, nope, then I tried using default setting, which I have tried several times before --- and it worked!  then I changed at back to two way syncing, and it is still working!  However, I have not added back the contacts and email syncing, or the secondary email.  I'm going to just enjoy this for a few days!  thanks everyone. 
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: tmobile

Back up your blackberry on desk manager (DM), then unconnected, go to you blackberry and on main menu location go to "options" the icon looks like a wrench or something similar. Click on options icon then scroll to "security settings" . Click on "security wipe" select only "emails, contacts, etc.. Do not select anything else. In the confirmation window below type in what ever word is listed above in bold. Click on wipe data. Be patient allow process follow any instructions. Then replug in blackberry allow DM to sync with smart phone. Got through sync as normally. Check to see if blackberry data is up to date, if not, after sync go and "restore" select most recent restore date then sit back. It should work now. I had to work on this for two weeks as the technical help form blackberry SUCKS and is not available.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

Hello, I do believe your method will work, as RIM as instructed me to do so a few months ago and it did. However, I can no longer sync again to my calendar any new enries from outlook to the bb (bold 9650). It says because I am syncing wirelessly. I can not turn wireless sync off. There is no box to check no in calendar/options/email/check no. I only get as far as the email. I have 3 emails, along with Facebook and the main email is selected as the email to sync. This was working last I checked. I don't know what else to do.......
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: tmobile

cdemartini wrote:
Hello, I do believe your method will work, as RIM as instructed me to do so a few months ago and it did. However, I can no longer sync again to my calendar any new enries from outlook to the bb (bold 9650). It says because I am syncing wirelessly. I can not turn wireless sync off. There is no box to check no in calendar/options/email/check no. I only get as far as the email. I have 3 emails, along with Facebook and the main email is selected as the email to sync. This was working last I checked. I don't know what else to do.......

Do not use facebook redo wipe out and do not select sync calendar with facebook,  this worked for me, as facebook has some issues and does not work well in some cases with blackberry. Any way why would you want people to see your calendar. Keep this private and secure. Facebook barely works on its own.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

It only sync events from Facebook.  I do not use their calendar for anything else.  Anywho, I did switch, as the wipe I did was months ago and it was working fine, till all of a sudden today it stopped due to this wireless sync mode.  I went to email setup and was immediately prompted that there was an update.  Once the update installed and rebooted, the wireless sync went away and I can now sync with outlook manually.  What a pain!  Thanks for your help......