Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

notification for missed calls and messages

Hi, I'm new to Blackberry. I was using motorola but now i have a pearl 8100.  Is there a reminder notification let you know of missed calls or messages.

Contributor

Re: notification for missed calls and messages

Yes. It'll give you a missed call symbol and won't disapper until you hit the green call button.

New Contributor

Yes, I know about the symbol, but what if the missed call or message came while i was away for 10 minutes. Is there any sound notification along with symbol.
Contributor

A message will also pop-up saying "You have xx missed call(s)" and or voice message if one was left. Will not be removed until you hit a button. But if you're talking about a notifier as in sound, I don't think so. I may be wrong. I used to have an 8100 that was my entire life, great buy.

Contributor

Not to mention a flashing Red light from the LED.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi kateyes70! The type of alert you're receiving for missed call from motorola is not available in BlackBerry. You have to adjust!Smiley Wink As mentioned above LED flashing could help you to some extent.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
My Device: 9000R

Remarkably enough, BlackBerry's don't have repeating audible or vibrating reminders.  Amazing, huh?  It's definitely one very perplexing fact.

Anyway, the solution is to purchase a program called Pearl Alerts, or BlackBerry Alerts.  I believe they are the same program.  Just search on Google and you'll find the link.   It is indispensable!

Maybe BlackBerry will purchase this application?  But I've heard they tend not to listen to their customers very well, so maybe not. 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9000R

New Contributor

Folks,

Anyone know how to turn OFF the 'feature' that send you an email telling you how many vmails you have?  There is a message counter up top, why would I need an email sent to me every time I hang up from my vmail when I might have left un-listened messages???

Thanks.

Brian