Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

notification issue

For unknown reasons, I recently started receiving an ear-splitting beep or chirp during phone calls, evidently alerting me to some new message. But when I then check, I see no evidence of a new email, MMS, text or other message. I have tried every way I know to eliminate the ear-splitting chirp and failed. On the BB site I got the instructions below, but in trying to implement them I don't see any choice labeled "Notify Me During Calls."  Every setting for notification of every type of message is set to "mute" as well, yet the chirps continue Any ideas out there?

1. In the profile list, click Advanced.
  2. Highlight a notification profile.
  3. Press the Menu key.
  4. Click Edit.
  5. Highlight an item.
  6. Press the Menu key.
  7. Click Edit.
  8. Change the Notify Me During Calls field to No.
  9. Press the Menu key.
  10. Click Save.
  11. To change the Notify Me During Calls field for another item, repeat steps 5 to 10.
  12. Press the Menu key.
  13. Click Save.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: notification issue

I have the same issue on a Curve 8330 using software 4.5.0.186.  Sprint told me it is a known issue at BlackBerry.  I asked BlackBerry live support and they said they are not aware of this issue... yet here is BlackBerry's own support document KB21978 that Sprint sent me describing this issue.  It says there is no time frame for a resolution.  Not hard to read between the lines of that remark.  It's been an issue for months. Sadly, I'm guessing it will not be resolved.  Read it here.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB21978&sliceId=1&docTy...