Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Wind Mobile Canada

Re: num lock not working

abit wrote:

Thanks!!!

Yes, I use the slier touchpad. And yes the indicator stays in "123" but when you change the field you type letters (instead of numbers)

When I browse a web site, I use the pointer to point the field. That's other way I change fields. (Only when I use Internet)

I don't know, my Pearl stays in the numlock mode even while changing fields. I tried it several times while typing out a test email to myself. I could go between the To, CC, Subject, and Message Body with the numlock key is unaffected. When I type something with the "123" symbol active, it usually turns out to be a number. It really does sound like you're not keeping the Shift key held down when you get to the Alt key. You should use two different hands to press each key, hold down the Shift with one of your right-hand fingers, and then press the Alt key with one of your left-hand fingers.

abit wrote:

When you type an email, you enable the num key, you can type more than one number???

Yes that happen to me. for example, 

I hold shift and press alt to activate "123",

I begin typing the numer "1", next I want to type "2" and, get "t"

And when you change fields, for example, TO, Subject, and you have the num pad active, the configuration keeps?

No, the configuration is lost. But the indicator is active.

If I change fields (when is "123" active), i type letters. (I have to active again "123")

In my case it has a unusual o rare behavior.

Thanks a lot!

Are you letting go of all of the Shift and Alt keys before you type in a number? After you've activated numlock mode, you don't need to hold any keys down further, you can just type normally after that. If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to tell you, as I've gotten mine working now, and I can't possibly tell what you're doing without seeing a video of your typing on that phone.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: num lock not working

[ Edited ]

Hi!!

I don't know, my Pearl stays in the numlock mode even while changing fields. I tried it several times while typing out a test email to myself. I could go between the To, CC, Subject, and Message Body with the numlock key is unaffected.

The number works ok, or the indicator is active ("123") and when you try to type you type letter. Thats what happen to me in emails, for example.

Yes, the way you explain me is the way I do. Its crazy I know, but there is no trick in the what you do. You press shift, while you hold shift you press alt and this works for you.

You change fields and the numeric pad its still working. 

But for me dont work (It works perfect in pearl 8100)

Yes I only hold shift and press alt, after I realese the keys and try to type numbers, but like I explain before it has a extrange behaivour.

Thanks a lot for your help, I will keep trying.