Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 9330
My Carrier: verizon

opening backed up file on desk top

I downloaded the desktop software yesterday in order to back up the info from my 9330 Curve.  I want to retrieve a text conversation in it's entirety and print it instead of sending each segment to my e-mail account.  When I click on the icon in my documents  the computer doesn't know how to open the file, whether to use windows word etc..  What do I check when I browse the list of possibilities?  Am I going to be able to view all of my texts when the file eventually opens? I have saved each message.  

If not is there another way to obtain an entire text conversation other than e-mailing each segment to my e-mail?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: opening backed up file on desk top

Hello,

The only application that can read the Backup (*.IPD) file is the BlackBerry Desktop Software. The only device that can use the backup file (database information) is a BlackBerry device with the BlackBerry operating system loaded  or a virtual device.

Not saying there isn't a 3rd party application that was created to do so, but none that are supported by RIM Smiley Tongue

Google "how to open blackberry backup file" and you may find something plus spyware -.-

My Device: Curve 3G 9330
My Carrier: Airtel

Try downloading Magic Berry and you can open .ipd files. Magic Berry doesn't open .bbb files. Iam trying to find one online software or a solution. Will post once I find one.

Regards,

Madhav,

Hyderabad

India

Madhav Prathapa
CtrlS Datacenters Ltd
My Device: Not Specified

MagicBerry 3.5 can open and convert BBB and IPD files plus more features...download the latest version it is FREE

Regards,

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G
My Carrier: T-Mobile

What you can do is connect you're phone to the computer transfer the conversations from the computer to phone via transfer cable and open and try acces it by openingg it (there should be a option for view history) if not I'm sure there's some software that can open the history file for viewing.
My Device: Not Specified