Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: MTN

outdated operating system

Pls I need a suggestion here; I use 9780, and recently anytime I try to download an application, I get this message: "Your operating system is outdated, some of the feautures may not be displayed''
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: outdated operating system

Does this occur for all applications you try to download? And is this via BlackBerry App World? Also can you tell use your device software version? You can get this info by going to Options > Device > About Device Versions. It's the number located after the v (e.g. 6.0.0.xxx).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: MTN

Thanks. The device software version is v6.0.0.294. This downloading issue is applicable to any application I try to download. These downloads were not thru BB App World. This is because App World is no longer in my device home and can no longer find it
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

In that case there must be some issue the download link from where you're trying to download apps.

Try this link http://www.blackberry.com/appworld from your browser and download BlackBerry App World. Then try downloading any apps see whether the same error occurs or not.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Check to see if BlackBerry App World icon has simply been hidden. To do this, go to the homescreen, press the BB Menu button and select "Show All Icons". Search through the various folders to see if you can find it.

I also noticed that your carrier, MTN has a software upgrade available to 6.0.0.570. You can download the installer file to your computer from this link:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=0E087EC55DCBE7B2D7992D6B69B5...

To install the OS to your phone, download and install the OS to your computer, then open the BlackBerry Desktop Software, back up your phone and perform the upgrade.

I hope this will help out!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!