Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

outgoing emails from desktop

I'm trying to figure out how to stop outgoing emails from my desktop from going to my phone, I just wrote it and don't want to see it a few seconds later! Anybody know how to stop this? Thanks.
Developer
My Device: 9000

Re: outgoing emails from desktop

thestrawman wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to stop outgoing emails from my desktop from going to my phone, I just wrote it and don't want to see it a few seconds later! Anybody know how to stop this? Thanks.

Hi Strawman;

I am not sure I understand your question but are you refering to "View Sent Messages"?

To not show sent messages on your BB Handheld, go to your INBOX / OPTIONS / GENERAL OPTIONS / Hide Sent Messages and set this setting to "Yes".

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
New Contributor

Thanks for the responce. I thought that would stop it from happening, I have it set to yes, hide sent messages, but it still keeps on happening. When I send out an email from my desktop, a few seconds later my phone rings and displays the email I just sent out. This is annoying, I just wrote it and don't want to see it again 5 seconds later! Of course I want to get incoming emails, that is the whole reason I got this phone. If you have a suggestion, I would appreciate it, and thanks for your help.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Are you using Gmail? If so follow the steps in this link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10332&sliceId=SAL_Pub...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

I am using gmail, I'll follow the link and let you know how it works out. Thanks for your help!