08-11-2008 03:27 PM
Are you performing the following to synchronize your device with outlook?
Connect you HH with your desktop Manager in your PC. If you device is set to wireless sync then you need to turn off wireless synchronization. To do so go to Address Book -> click Menu -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization: No -> click Menu and Save the changes.
Click on the Synchronize button on Desktop Manager -> Click on Configuration Tab then click on Configure Synchronization -> Click on Choose under Address Book (on the right side of the pop up window) -> Click on you organizer apps (like, MS outlook, Lotus notes etc) -> Select desired apps -> select Synchronization radio button and click OK twicego back to Synchronize tab ->click on Synchronize Now
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
08-12-2008 10:13 AM
I had the same issue, I did not have Outlook as an option (only ASCII and Yahoo). The following is what I did to have Outlook appear in the list as an option to sync to...
1. Right-Click on Command Prompt in Start Menu and choose Run as Administrator
2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector by typing: c:\> cd program files\research in motion\blackberry\is71 connectors\ms outlook connector
3. Then type in the command prompt, type: regsvr32 MsOutlookConnector.fil
4. If the registration is successful, the following message displays:
DllRegisterSErver in msoutlookconnector.fil succeeded.
5. Close and open Blackberry Desktop Manager to perform the synchronization process again and Outlook will be in the list...
If you receive the error message DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005 - you do not have admin rights. So, it's important that you run command prompt as admin.
07-13-2009 03:39 PM
I was having the exact same issue as you talked about, did what you said, had a successful install but still no Outlook available when I go to set up my device for synchronization. Would you have any other ideas? Thanks