Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

outlook instead of outlook express

I have a blackberry curve, and while trying to set up my sync process I am only able to set it for Outlook Express. All of my contacts are in Microsoft Outlook from an Microsoft Office program. Is it possible to change it so I can sync using Outlook and not Outlook Express?

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Storm2 9550

Re: outlook instead of outlook express

Hi there,

Can you tell me the following:

1. What version of Microsoft Outlook are you currently using?

2. What version of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager are you running(Help and about)

New Contributor

I now have the option to use either outlook (which is part of my Office 2000 program, which is version 2000 SR 1, I think ) and the version  Outlook Express  I have is 6. Also Desktop Manager version I have is V4.7. I just recently imported all my contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express and then went to my Desktop Manager and did a configure and checked Outlook Express but I still cannot get the contacts from my Outlook Express to sync to my phone.

Thank you

Retired

Great I am glad everything is working now.
New Contributor

No, it still is not fixed. The contacts from my Outlook Express will not sync to my phone.
Retired

Ok so did you go through Desktop Manager and set it to synch with Outlook Express  first?
New Contributor

Yes, I believe I did. I am knew to this entire blackberry thing. I don't know if it was correct or not, but the phone was connected to my desk top when I set up the sync configure. I am at a loss on this.
New Contributor

Is there something on the phone itself that I need to configure so it will accept my contacts? Also, what is the ASCII Importer / Exporter in the Desktop Manager
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Outlook 2000 is not compatible with Desktop Manager 4.7.

you can either upgrade Outlook or downgrade Desktop Manager.
For additional information on which Outlook version is supported by which Desktop Manager version, just go to the Desktop Manager webpage and look at the requirements for each Desktop Manager version.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: