Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: orange

password keeper

I have just upgraded to a blackberry bold 9780. I discovered the password keeper app and pressed the icon. The app immediately asked me to put in my password. I have no passwords on this phone so I thought it might mean my Orange password - incorrect. I tried my email password - incorrect. I called Orange who suggested their default number 1111 - wrong again. I have only 3 attempts left until....what? I don't know.  it did not ask me to set up a password at the beginning. Is there a blackberry default password? Please can someone help me.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: password keeper

The Password Keeper app is just a secure place to store all your internet and/or other passwords and anything else you would like to have encrypted and secure.

When you first open it, it just wants you to set a password to it to get in and out of it. This way you need only remember one password that will get you to the rest of your passwords.

If you forget this password to the Password Keeper and you enter the incorrect password 10 times, then after the 10th attempt it will wipe all the data inside the Password Keeper. Once it does this you can setup a new password for the password keeper and start over. This is a security feature to protect your data from unauthorized access.

If you have nothing in there then you have nothing to lose so just enter the wrong password three more times, then set up a new password.

Typically, the carriers know very little about BlackBerry devices so I'm not surprised they steered you so wrong here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!