Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 8310
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]

hello bb users community i have a problem with my device

any time i connect to the computer i am been asked of a password,i type the one i use for the phone itself but it seems it does not respond   when i go to download any app or anything relating  to bb .

it comes like this

Pin: [Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.]

i tried oneday and it exceeded the trial counts which resulted in me wiping my phone

what password at all am I to use

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: password

Hello deon2009

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you entering the same password on your Computer keyboard that you have set on your BlackBerry using your BlackBerry keyboard ? 

I think you might have a mixture of different characters in your password,and you are not able to properly enter those on the BlackBerry keyboard. For example , if your password is

• deon2009
  • And you enter d > e >o > n > alt > 2 > 0 > 0 > 9
  •  then the actual result will be
  • deon200c

But you must enter

• d > e > o > n > alt > 2 >0 > 0 > alt > 9
  • to get deon2009 on your device.

So, while on the BlackBerry  keyboard you think you are typing deon2009 , you are actually typing deon200c . So take your time and enter the correct password  on your device as well as on a computer keyboard.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.