Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

pearl 8100 ATT

Please help!I get a JVM error 547 flash write failed. I have not backed up my device. How do I either uninstall and re-install all apps or resolve this issue. I can't even turn off my phone nor navigate on it. Thanks.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: pearl 8100 ATT

You have to reinstall the operating system to your blackberry, dont worry, its a pretty easy process, takes about 15-25 minutes to do.  Here is a great link

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_upgrade_the_OS_on_my_BlackBerry%3F

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor

Thanks, but when I get to ATT, which software do I check to download? I appreciate your help.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Remove and reload the OS totally.

Providing you have the latest device OS for your carrier..

*YOU DO NOT NEED TO ALSO DOWNLOAD DESKTOP MANAGER PROGRAM* - JUST THE DEVICE SOFTWARE*

go to C Drive: Program file: Common Files: Research in Motion: App Loader :  Loader.exe and run that file...

Go to device application selection and untick anything you dont need.

Click Next

I would not reccommended backup and restore. (If you are running a BES, everything should be on your pc anyway) But if you must, then do a backup)

When you get to the last page before you select 'finish' you should see an Advance Options. Click this and make sure both checkboxes are ticked.. This removes and replaces any bugs or glithces in the software.

You must make sure you have the LATEST version for your device, distributed by THE CARRIER THE DEVICE WAS MADE WITH. (Find this on the carriers website

If you're not sure, do a vendor ID check.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

I went there but the loader.exe was not found as I deleted the software earlier on the computer. I'm stuck. Any other suggestions short of trashing it? Thanks.
Forums Advisor III

You need to install the Device OS in order to be able to use the app loader.

Download, install it and do it.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

Thanks. Can you tell me how to register an alt.dll? On Vista. I can't find it in the run command.
Forums Advisor III

huh?

Just click download the 4.xx for device xxx.

Save to desktop.

Once done after an hour or so... double click file to install to pc..

then find the loader.exe

OR
~Gday from Down Under~