Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: pearl 9105
My Carrier: tmobile

pearl 9105 - track pad not working

new pearl only 2 wks old -  track pad imtermittently seems to not work up & down on certain areas ie: inmenu or in sound profiles & sms cant move up & down to selest alternative word! if i switch phone off & on it works again for a short while. do I need to return phone?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: pearl 9105 - track pad not working

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 3G 9105
My Carrier: O2

This also happens to my phone and although a re-boot temporarily fixes the issue it then returns often at least once a day. Not sure if this is my dodgy phone or a general problem

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

It could also be some badly behaving add-on application, a bad theme, or any number of other possibilities. Depending on how old your BB is and how much you've added to it, you may be better off taking it in for warranty evaluation.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor
My Device: Pearl 3 G
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB Pearl 3G (UK ) - track pad not working

Re: pearl 3G - track pad not working.

My phone is a BB Pearl 3G UK version, the track is not working at all , tried to reset by taking out the battery as of now no joy?

I have had at lest 6 BB phones not happy with this one currently, please advise as it is only 3 months old?

Regards,

AOR