Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

phone as modem

I have a bold 9650 running OS 6 bundle 3084 with Verizon as carrier. I use the phone as modem hooked to my laptop via USB cable. When I connect this way I use Verizon's access manager software. My problem is that after I disconnect (properly as directions say), my Bold won't send or receive email. I also have a web based link with my company and it won't send msgs back and forth either. The only way I've found to fix this is to shut down the phone, pull the battery, and do a reboot. Then it works fine until I use it as a modem again. Didn't have this problem until after updating to os 6. I'm getting tired of having to reboot my phone almost every day. Any ideas?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: phone as modem

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I was surprised to find that Blackberry doesn't support  the VZAccess manager!

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB13672 What is the Verizon Access Manager

" This application is not currently supported by Research In Motion®. Please consult support from the vendor of the product: Verizon Wireless Support

Make sure that the latest BlackBerry Device drivers are installed on the local computer to ensure that the BlackBerry smartphone is able to connect to the computer to allow for tethering.  

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

Re: phone as modem

The Verizon manager works fine. I can get online that way fine. Everything works, until I disconnect from Verizon and then the problems happen. Then email on the Bold won't send or recieve. Then i have to reboot the Bold to get it to work right. I've got the newest drivers for blackberry for a vista system on my laptop. Thanks though for trying to help.