Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

phone freeze

I have a Curve 8530 and periodically a black, square clock with only one hand, appears in the middle of my screen and freezes the phone. The hand of the clock spins around while the phone is frozen. I have removed and replaced the battery, but it doesn't resolve the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: phone freeze

Hi there,

This is typically a sign of a phone that is running out of memory, especially if you're noticing this regularly and if your phone freezes.

How often does this happen? If it's daily, you likely have an app on your phone that is causing problems. If it's weekly, or even longer, this is reasonably normal and performing a battery pull (removing the battery for 15-30 seconds, then reinsert and wait for your device to reboot) every few days should help.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!