Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9000
My Carrier: ATT

phone possessed by foursquare

i have a blackberry 9000 and have loved it until now. now i think it sucks, and your support sucks just as bad. the other night, i clicked the camera app to take a picture. the screen froze. then a message about four square came onto screen and has remained there ever since. i can't escape from it. i cannot get to anything on my phone. if someone calls me, i can answer the call and talk. but as soon as i hang up the error screen comes back. i have removed my battery multiple times, hoping that a reboot would help. not. i have to take the battery out at work because i am no longer able to adjust the volume and it is currently set on loud setting. i went to an att store last night and they were of no help. i was told that i should get on your website from home computer and delete the four square app, but that doesn't seem to be something that i can do. very frustrating. i am going to have to drive 30 minutes to an att store that is supposed to be able to help more, but now i expect them to tell me that i need a new phone. i have insurance on this phone, but with the tier price, i think it will be cheaper to just go ahead and buy a new phone. if that's what i end having to do, it won't be a blackberry. can someone help me?????/
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: phone possessed by foursquare

[ Edited ]

I may be able to help you but that is if you have a computer with Blackberry desktop software installed.   

Also question for you - when you removed the battery - how long di you leave it out for?  Why not try removing the battery and leaving it out for like 5 mins.  Then replace it 

If you have a computer (desktop, laptop, netbook whatever) and also have blackberry desktop stoftware installed you can fix this phone - the software some how is corrupted - also what version of your OS are you running, when did you back up last - it is possible that you may have to re install your OS - which will erase everything then reinstall 

You can email me at [Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use - I will gladly give you all the steps to fix thsi sick blackberry.