Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: t-online

photos wiped out after new enterprise user activation on BB bold

Dear Members,

Due to office 365 upgrade, I need to reactivate the Enterprise Account. In that process I used new email account for enterprise activation, at this point i got a pop up with this Information on my BB.  "A new email address has been specified. Wipe handheld data before activating this new user".  I pressed the 'Yes' button. After that all my photos and conacts which are saved on BB bold device are gone.  Are there any possible to recover those photos?. I am still confused with the popup message. Why it deletes all photos while activating new Enterprise User Account.? 

any help/tipps would be appreciated.

thank you,

rehan

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: photos wiped out after new enterprise user activation on BB bold

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Whoever created that activation process inserted a mandatory WIPE as part of the activation -- your question as to "why" will have to be directed to them.

Of course, the answer is moot to your issue...you said "yes" to the warning, and it did exactly as you allowed. Once data is deleted from a BB device, it is gone for good -- there is no "trash", "recycle", or other location to recover it from.

Rather, what you now must depend on is your previously taken full device backup. Done correctly (see instructions in my auto-sig on this post), your will have all of your data available to you in whatever location you backed up to.

Of course, if you have no backup, well...what can I say?

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: t-online

Good Morning,

thank you for your reply and explanation. The activation process is not created from us/company. If we try to add the new email for the Enterprise Activation on BB, then it will come this popup.Nobody will think that personal data like contacts, photos will be wiped out while adding another email account.

I don't have any backup, so all my photos gone!!

thanks

Rehan

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

shaik7 wrote:
The activation process is not created from us/company. If we try to add the new email for the Enterprise Activation on BB, then it will come this popup.

Just to be clear, the activation process is created by the admin of the specific BES system on which you are activating...they control what happens. You've not quite said who that is, but it's of no value to anyone but you...it is they that you need to pose your "why" question to. Enterprise Activation does not have to include a device WIPE...but whoever is the admin of your BES system included it, and clearly did not warn their users adequately.

shaik7 wrote:
Nobody will think that personal data like contacts, photos will be wiped out while adding another email account.

The warning, as per your quote was "Wipe handheld data before activating this new user" To me, that is quite clear indeed. It is a pity that the admin of your BES system did not provide better information to their users. But, again, it is 100% in their control -- the BES admin.

shaik7 wrote:

I don't have any backup, so all my photos gone!!

You really should talk to your BES admin. If your BB was previously activated on their BES system, then it's possible that they might have some remote backup of your data.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................