Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: wifi

playbook won't connect with blackberry desktop.

since last week I have been having problem with connecting my playbook with my pc.

I have google regarding this problem but it all seem that non of my search had same problem as mine. so here the problem i'm getting.

when i connect to my pc i get pop up from blackberry device manager saying that playbook is connected and my blackberry desktop run (have auto run option on) while connecting to playbook it give me error saying "If the device is rebooting or has a dead battery. click retry to attempt to recconect once the device reboots. if clicking retry doesn't connect the device, or the device isn't rebooting with a charged battery. you might need to update your blackberry table os to correct the problem." with 3 option of retry, update and cancel.

I tried both retry and update but it don't fix anything i'm keep getting same error.

now when i searched on google they said it might be mine usb cable but i'm very sure its not since blackberry device manager can see the playbook, and blackberry desktop can update the playbook.

just to give more info here is setting I use on my playbook.

under security

password enable (this was enable even before i had this problem)

development mode enable

under storage & sharing

usb connections: automatically detect

File Sharing On

Wi-Fi sharing On

Password Protect Off

that the only setting i have set it up on my playbook.

playbook os.

blackberry desktop version.

blackberry device manager.

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: playbook won't connect with blackberry desktop.

Hey Kennycc,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Please have a look at the following article that covers possible causes why the BlackBerry® Desktop software does not detect the BlackBerry® PlayBook:

Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software detecting a USB connected BlackBerry PlayBook

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!